Summertime in Kansas City means more time outdoors and more use of your lawn and garden. Insects, weeds, pets, and company all play a role in your garden not being as good looking as it once was. Fear not! Euston Hardware has the knowledge, products, and recommendations to get your grass from worn to wonderful in no time.
Lawn Care Year Round
While most of us only think of our Kansas City lawn and garden in the summer months, regular upkeep through the year helps keep your grass looking greener and your garden healthier.
- Starting in the fall, bushes and plants need to be pruned, sprinklers should be drained, and grass should be fertilized for the final time.
- Winter in Kansas City is easy, once it freezes, let your grass be. If you took care of it in the fall, it’s good to go until spring!
- With the warming of spring comes the first mow of the season, beginning starter plants indoors, and the plans of outside improvements.
- Summertime in Kansas City means consistant feedings, planting started flowers and vegetables, cutting your grass higher, (so it doesn’t brown as easily,) and seeding any areas that are worn.
Maintaining your Kansas City lawn and garden means tools. And tools are just like your lawn, they need to be cared for too.
- Emptying the fuel out of your power tools at the end of summer will help limit old fuel from messing up the motor and will prevent high dollar repairs. (This goes for oil as well, change old oil at the end of the summer season.)
- Gardening tools need care too. Keeping your pruning shears, shovels, and other gardening tools sharp and free of corrosion will avoid damage or rot to your plants.
Keeping Pests at Bay
Your garden provides the perfect scenic setting for get togethers throughout the summer months, until that first mosquito bite or accidental step on a prickly weed happens. Don’t worry, we will help you ward off the never-ending itch of biting bugs and the pain of not-so-nice plants.
- Spraying or spreading for weeds, crabgrass, and biting insects should be done at the start of the warmer months and depending on what kind of deterrent is used, every 2 to 6 weeks afterwards.
- To keep you and your pets safe when using insecticides or herbicides, always read the product labels
All of us usually likes summer and the energy it brings to our outside spaces. If you are searching for the best products to keep your Kansas City lawn and garden
green, happy, and worry-free, Euston Hardware is your go-to place.